Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bare Escentuals Makeup

I tried this makeup years ago - not the corny base but the eyeshadows - and reacted to it. Much of their eye shadows contain a known irritant that in their defense is often used in makeup. It gives makeup that sparkly sheen. My reaction at the time was not a corn thing, but left me with ill feelings nonetheless.

Then today I saw a post on our Facebook group with a new company response from Bare Escentuals. This is their response to a question about the source or safety of the Vitamin E in their products.

"Thank you for contacting Bare Escentuals. I would be happy to assist you with our ingredients.


Unfortunately, that is proprietary information and we are unable to release it. If you have any concerns regarding certain ingredients we recommend contacting your physician.


We hope this is helpful, but please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions you may have via email or by phone at 1-888-795-4747 during our business hours Monday through Saturday 5 AM to 9 PM, Sunday 7 AM to 4 PM Pacific Time.


Customer satisfaction is Bare Escentuals' #1 priority; we appreciate you taking the time to contact us.


Warmest Regards,"



Well isn't that nice. "We'd love to help you, but we can't." And the "warmest regards" at the end might as well say "Screw you" for all the helpfulness and customer satisfaction that this letter gives.

If you do well with Bare Escentuals, feel free to continue to use them. However after this letter, I'd much rather use my money to vote for businesses and products that do actually care.

-- Officially removed from the Corn-Free List due to multiple reactions --

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their finishing powder is cornstarch and something else. I had to stop using it

Dina said...

It might not be the corn though. I am not allergic to corn (yet) but my son is, so I was surfing for info. I am allergic to Bare Minerals as well as other mineral makeup that has Bismuth Oxychloride in it. There are a growing number of women developing this allergy. Meow cosmetics and Amazing cosmetics are bismuth free and I do fine with them. If you find yourself reacting again to another brand, look for bismuth!